PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THAT ALL FLOWERS ARE ACCEPTED FOR ENCASEMENT ONLY!!!!!
PLEASE READ OUR TERMS AND CONDITIONS ON THE WEBSITE PRIOR TO THE SUBMISSION OF FLOWERS.
Keep your flowers cool, refrigerated if possible (not frozen) and hydrated until you pack them for shipping. If the stems are showing you can trim the ends and put the bouquet in water. If the flowers are in a bouquet holder place the bouquet over a sink and pour a small amount of water into the center of the holder. No display decision is required until 30 days after the completion of the freezedry process. We will notify you in writing when this process is complete so you know when to make your decision. The most important thing to do now is to get the flowers to us quickly. If you are in the Houston or Dallas/Ft. Worth area call 800 742-9570 or 281 272-5100 for special instructions. You may not need to ship flowers from either of these two locations.
To Pack and ship your flowers you will need:
- A box or Styrofoam cooler big enough for the flowers and packing material. If you choose to use a cooler you may wish to place it inside a box for shipping. .
- Packing Material (shredded newspaper, tissue paper, or packing peanuts)
- Packing Tape
- Frozen Coolant Block or 2 Ziploc bags (the larger the better) Fill one with ice, place inside second Ziploc bag and make sure it is sealed) NEVER UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES USE DRY ICE FOR A COOLANT. IT WILL COMPLETELY DESTROY YOUR FLOWERS!!!!!!!!!
- Two small Plastic trash bags. The13 gallon kitchen size works well.
- Line the bottom of the box or cooler with the plastic bag and tape into place. Tape coolant or Ice bag to the bottom of the box or cooler. Make sure it is secure.
- Add a thin layer of packing material so that the flowers are not directly in contact with the coolant blocks creating a nest for the flowers to sit in.
- Remove the flowers from the refrigerator and place flowers into the 2nd plastic bag (not sealed) and place them in the center of the box with the flowers up while taking care that they are not in direct contact with the ice or freezer packs.
- Fill the box with packing material to secure the flowers. You do not want the flowers to move or shift during shipping.
- Write FRAGILE and indicate THIS SIDE UP on outside of box.
PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION
(Tape it to the inside top of the box):
City, State, and Zip
A deposit of $100 can be made by Credit Card (include the card number, expiration date and billing address if different than above and CVVC code) or you can enclose a check payable to Preserved Petals. If you enclose a check, invitation or other items we suggest that you put them into a zip lock bag to keep them dry.
SHIP TO INFORMATION:
Preserved Petals/ Heller & Reid
600 Kenrick Drive
Houston, Texas 77060 USA
Call to let us know the package is on its way to us…800-742-9570.
Priority Shipping is a must. You will need to overnight the flowers. You may use any of the nationally recognized overnight shipping companies. Keep in mind that assuring the rapid overnight delivery of your flowers should be of prime importance when determining the best company to use.
Once the flowers arrive an email will be sent to confirm that we received them. It will remind you of the next steps required. NEVER SHIP FLOWERS ON A FRIDAY AS WE ARE NOT HERE TO ACCEPT THE DELIVERY ON SATURDAYS AND YOUR FLOWERS WILL SIT ALL WEEKEND AND BE UNABLE TO BE PRESERVED!!!!!
SELECTIONS AND DISPLAY
We provide a phone consultation to select your display and design. This should be done no later than 30 days after the completion of the freezedry process. We will notify you in writing when this process is complete. When the decision is made the balance is due on your order. Please call us toll free and we will be glad to help you.
Call us toll free 1-800 742-9570 if we can help you in any way with the packaging process. Thank you for selecting Preserved Petals / Heller & Reid to preserve your flowers!